EV Charger Installation
EV Charger Installation Made EZ
At EV Power Solutions, everything begins with a simple phone call.
Our team will walk you step-by-step through the installation process, gathering important details we’ll need to ensure a flawless job, including:
- The desired location for your EV charger.
- Its proximity to the electrical panel (the closer it is – the lower the cost).
- The layout of your home and room (single family vs row house, finished or unfinished basement, attached or detached garage, etc.)
- Will trenching be required?
Same-Day Quote and Swift Scheduling
After providing you with a same-day quote, we’ll get started on your game plan, following up with a written proposal typically within a day (if not sooner).
Once the proposal is e-signed and an e-check processed, scheduling begins. Most jobs are on the books within a week.
The day before installation, we will call you to confirm your appointment – and see you the next morning, bright and early.
On Installation Day
Installations are carried out by two technicians, including our Master Electrician.
While clients (and their electric vehicles) are not required to be home during installation, their presence is frequently helpful during WiFi hookup (and/or the Tesla commissioning process).
Most installations are completed within half a day (or less).
- Our team will conduct a thorough walkthrough with the client, pointing out the ideal wire pathway and the location of potential holes.
- During installation, our team ensures cleanliness via drop cloths, booties, and plastic covers in all work areas.
- Once installation is complete, and your new equipment is powered up, we will link your charger with your home’s Wi-Fi and register your device.
Inspection Made Simple
Inspections can be scheduled for the day of your choice immediately following your EV charger installation.
Tell us the day that works best for you, and we’ll make it happen.
Inspections are carried out by a third party between the window of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the date of your choosing.
While you will need to be present during the inspection, the process from beginning to end takes less than 15 minutes.
EV Power Solutions has never failed an inspection – ever.
Make charging your electric vehicle even easier with the following optional accessories.
- Cable Trolley Installation (EV Hover): Developed by an innovative startup in Illinois, the EV Hover is an adjustable, 180° swivel arm that allows the charging cable to hang over your car, rather than cluttering your garage floor – and preventing trips and falls.
- Whole Home Type 2 Surge Protection: Protect your EV charger investment (and all circuits on the main service panel) from severe damage from power surges, lightning strikes, and more.
- Pedestal Installation for charger: No free wall space? No worries. Pedestal installations can be approached from either side, delivering maximum convenience and ease of access, while supporting up to two chargers.
We strive to keep all accessories on hand, so you don’t have to make a separate order. And we never markup prices. EV Power Solutions also offers additional aesthetic upgrades courtesy of trusted partnerships with third-party vendors:
- Drywall Patching & Painting
- Epoxy Floor Coverings
Which EV Charger Do I Need?
The good news is that all vehicles, with few exceptions, charge using a J1772 (CCS) connector (other than Tesla).
Tesla vehicles operate using a proprietary charger, known as the NACS. Most non-Tesla vehicles can be charged using the NACS in conjunction with an adapter.
Level 2 chargers running at full blast require a 60-amp line and breaker and will charge constantly at 48 amps.
Our Master Electrician will assess your home’s current electrical load and calculate the square footage and all appliances to determine if your charger can handle the full 48 amps. If not, an energy management device can be installed. These devices analyze your home’s electrical use to the millisecond, shutting the charger down automatically if your home hits 80% of its threshold. After usage subsides, the charger kicks back on – saving you time and the expense of a full home power upgrade.